Secure Pharma/Med Device Manufacturing
The pharmaceutical and medical device industry faces significant security threats, especially as the importance of critical supplies is highlighted during COVID-19.
The biopharma company Merck is a clear example of the financial impact possible from even untargeted cyber attacks. The drug manufacturer was hit by a cyber attack in 2017, resulting in weeks of production disruption and $1.3 billion in damages.
The challenges of cyber security in pharmaceuticals and medical device manufacturers are significant and include:
- An increasing threat from foreign actors and untargeted ransomware
- Significant regulatory challenges to regular systems management in quality systems
- Distributed, multi-vendor control systems
- Challenging network architectures and varied access
- Continuous pressure on cost and resources, especially in globally networked facilities
- Sensitive systems that require significant change management processes
- Lack of knowledgeable resources to secure and maintain systems over time
Verve has deep experience managing the complexities of the regulated environments within the pharma/med device sector. We understand how to ensure security while not running afoul of quality compliance regulations. We understand how to scale globally at low cost, while ensuring Plant IT and Engineering remains in control over final actions. We understand the sensitivity of the legacy systems that require older firmware and software to operate.
Verve bridges the divide between IT and OT to ensure organizations achieve security without sacrificing compliance or reliability.
Our pharmaceutical and medical device clients see us as a partner in their cybersecurity journey and we welcome their trust in us.